- Venue: Balcony Studio
- Telephone: 0845 6065606
On this course a variety of drawing and painting media and techniques will be explored, including mixed media approaches. By working from both direct observation and from photographic references and sketches, you will encounter a variety of interesting and stimulating subject matter - landscape, still life, natural forms, etc.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- work from a variety of primary and secondary subject matter.
- make a preliminary drawing to establish a composition.
- select and use the appropriate brushes and materials.
- explore colour mixing
- use a range of painting techniques for watercolour and acrylic (washes, glazes, drybrush, wet in wet)
- recognise the styles and techniques of fine artists.
- work to health and safety guidelines.
The course is led by Helen Easter, an experienced tutor who has been teaching for 27 years. She delivers courses on painting and drawing, printmaking, papier mache, paper pots. Her main work entails images mixed with the abstract and she uses methods and techniques in all mediums. Helen has exhibited and sold her work in galleries in the UK and abroad. Her paintings have been used for book covers and greeting cards.
Enrol at any time!
For more information or to book a place visit: kentadulteducation.co.uk or phone 0845 606 5606