THE ASTOR COMMUNITY THEATRE
The Astor Community Theatre (Deal Arts Management CIC) is a registered Company in England under registration number 06271315.
The Astor Theatre is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you.
Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of our patrons and in turn to provide you with relevant and timely information about upcoming shows and events.
We only use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect information when you interact with us by phone, online or in person when:
- booking tickets online, in person, by telephone
- purchasing a Friends membership
- making a donation
- hiring the Astor
- purchasing from an exhibition
- purchasing a Gift Voucher
- signing up to receive e-newsletters/offers
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We only collect information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information but this, for example, may limit the level of personalisation we offer - e.g. you may not get to hear about an event you would have loved to have attended.
When you create an account with us, register on our website or purchase tickets or other items from us online, by phone or in person we need to collect information from you in order to provide you with the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
- Prefix and full name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Bank details for standing order instructions (for Friends memberships only)
- Payment card details. We will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction
- Access requirements
- Dietary requirements (for pre-show meals)
- Postal address (existing Friends only)
We also keep a record of your interactions with us in our database which is held in a secure server in the UK by Savoy Systems Ltd. This data includes shows or events you have purchased tickets to, when you have had an active membership, pre-show meals booked, etc.
HOW AND WHY WE USE INFORMATION
We collect information in order to provide the service you have requested, to keep you up to date with news and events, to personalise your communications, or to contact you if we need to provide you with crucial information, for example, a show time change or show cancellation.
Specifically: to carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you to:
- Fulfil ticket and membership requests
- Invite you to events as per your membership or sponsorship benefits
- Process payments. Please note that The Astor Theatre does not store any Credit Card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed
- Contact you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, e.g. confirming your order, advising you of any changes to shows you have booked (e.g. time change or cancellation).
Where we have your consent:
- Keep you up-to-date with shows, news, offers and events, products and information
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We will never disclose your information to any third party.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We will keep your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
Should you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you or remove you completely from our mailing list, we will do so immediately.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS INFORMATION WE HOLD/TO BE REMOVED FROM OUR DATABASE
At any time you have the right to ask The Astor Theatre for information on personal details we hold on you. You also have the right to at any time ask The Astor Theatre to amend your personal information, to amend how we use your personal information or to remove your personal information.
When buying tickets, purchasing a membership or making a donation, you will have the opportunity to opt in to receive marketing information (shows/events/news we think may be of interest to you) from us. You may make changes to your preferences at any time by visiting or calling the Box Office.
Please contact us:
By telephone: 01304 370 220
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the website/to us. If you don’t have that consent, you must not provide personal information to us.
ORGANISATIONS WE USE IN ORDER TO CONDUCT OUR BUSINESS:
Elavon., Mail Chimp
This notice was updated on 24 May 2018.